Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Girl with the Colored Nails

I looked at her. Yes she is the girl. I silently confirmed with my memories.
The corner table, right beside the big glass window.
She was reading a book. It had a yellow cover with her pretty fingers wrapped around.
Her sapphire blue colored nails looked fascinatingly elegant.
She turned her eyes away from the book and stared straight into my eyes.
As if she knew my intention.
I wanted to turn away and run out of this coffee shop instantly.
But I stood still. It's now or never, I told myself.
Her eyes were fixed on me. Then she reached out for my hand.
My heartbeats sounded like heavy footsteps in a lonely corridor.
My legs felt so weak that I wanted to fall down on my knees and tell her everything.

Excuse me? She pulled her eyebrows down and closer.
"It's been long I've asked for the menu."
I jerked back to reality. Aware of the humming noise of the coffee shop around me. Aware of my job at the place.
"Yes ma'am. Today we have a special breakfast offer for you."

Sanity prevails but mockery will continue when your crush comes to the coffee shop you work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment