During the holiday shopping season, some online retailers have made large lists of things “every man should own.” I liked the idea and thought I can make something similar too. When I discussed this with a friend while having a beer, he asked me to go for it. A year from now, it will be February of 2015. How many of the following must-haves will you be enjoying then?
This list is subjective.
1. A pen and notebook. To write the life lessons daily.
2. A library card or an eBook reader. Read, read as much as you can.
3. A coffee mug, even if you drink tea from it.
4. Soap and shampoo. Hygiene is important.
5. A hobby. Whichever you like, unless it involves hurting others.
6. A job. So that you can take care of you and your family.
7. A brain. Your heart must dominate it. Not the opposite.
Free Things Every Man Can Enjoy
In addition to these, I've listed a few things you can do that won't cost you anything.
1. Meditate. You don't need to join a yoga class or buy a cushion for this.
2. Learn to stand on your feet. I'm talking about self sufficiency.
3. Read to write and write to read.
4. Learn to cook. Simple food, limited amount.
5. Exercise or involve yourself in an outdoor sport.
6. You must create.
7. Be happy with what you have. Don't let me start on how many children starve to death daily.
8. Learn something new. Often.